Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 11:29 AM
As a Senior Media System Architect within the Media Algorithm Group at Micron, you will be responsible for the development and integration of non:volatile memory (NVM) based systems, into Microns growing portfolio of system products. This is a key creative and development position where you will provide data driven guidance, setting the vision for generations of future Micron products. As such, candidates are expected to be proficient with a proven track record in at least two fields among NVM device architectures, NVM device physics, NVM channel development.
Successful candidates for this position will:
* Work in a high:profile role within the Media Algorithm Group guiding the media development of Microns future system products
* Collaborate across Product Engineering, Design, Firmware Engineering, Systems Engineering, and business groups in order to develop advanced NVM based storage architectures for Microns future system products
* Collaborate with Technology Development to develop understanding of the characteristics of future generations of Micron NVM technologies
* Leverage and consult with advanced subject matter experts, influencing the future direction of Microns NVM and system products
* Take a leadership role in system requirements for media development, with a vision that is disruptive, and timed to align with system roadmap demands
* Develop methods by which Micron NVM can be optimized and managed within system constraints. Drive component roadmaps to meet system constraints. Work with system product teams to ensure alignment to component.
* Create tests, failure analysis processes, and methodologies that quickly and reliably produce media related solutions and results.
Successful candidates for this position must have:
* Technical expertise in NVM and channel development
* Innovative problem solving in enabling new NVM technologies
* Experimental test development and analysis of large complex data sets that enable the interpretation and presentation of results that guide decisions advancing media and NVM channel development and failure analysis
* Demonstrate meaningful, accurate, and timely feedback to engineering and business partners, positively impacting their function
* Successful partnerships with internal and external subject matter experts, advancing product development outcomes and setting the direction for future system products
* Effective communication and interaction with remote development, manufacturing, and quality teams; improving existing and future product performance
* MS degree in Electrical Engineering (or related field) with at least 5 years of industry experience, or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering (or related field) with at least 3 years of industry experience.
* Hands:on experience and skill in developing algorithms, data analysis scripts, as well as component level failure analysis of memory and error correction within a lab and/or production environment
* Understanding of probability theory and statistical analysis
* Proficiency in at least one programming language, such as Python, C++
* Understanding of the principles of computer architecture, including general system performance and system data integrity
* Strong communication skills and cross:functional teamwork
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a persons race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran's status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy
• Location: Milpitas, San Jose / South Bay
• Post ID: 96418157 sanjose